Center Line High School Memories
- includes class photo pages from 1970 through 1979 CLHS yearbooks and
also links to Busch Junior High 1971-72 and 1972-73 yearbooks and other
Members of the Center Line Volunteer Fire Department pose in front of their 1926 American LaFrance fire truck (1931 photo).
In 2006, spear-headed by Councilman David Hanselman, the "Friends of the Fire Truck" acquired the 1926
American LaFrance fire truck that the newly-formed Village of Center
Line purchased in March of 1926. On the evening of Jan. 18, 2007 they
held an Open House for members of the community to view the eighty
year-old fire truck, enjoy some refreshments and learn about their
group's purchase and restoration plans. Here are some photos from the Open House.
community supported numerous fund-raisers and after eight years, the
restoration was completed shortly before Mayor Hanselman passed away in
Mayor David Hanselman and his son Mark, seated in the completely restored 1926 American LaFrance fire engine (June 2015 photo)
The demolition of the MOPAR water tower, June 2007.
Four Brothers Came to Town
The building they occupied on Van Dyke just north of Ten Mile Road
(above photo, c. 1950) originally housed the "Macomb Ford" agency when
it was built circa 1930 (photo, c. 1930). Macomb Ford was owned by Anthony and Loyola Rivard, whose original Ford dealership was Rivard Brothers Ford on Van Dyke, just north of Eight Mile Road, in the community known as Baseline.
They were the Grissom brothers and the town they came to was Center
Line, Michigan. This 1961 article tells the story of P.L Grissom and
his brothers Art, Thomas and Ernest, who sold new and used cars to
generations of folks from Center Line and elsewhere in Macomb and Wayne
Landscapes of Detroit 2010" - A compilation of historical images of
Detroit, Michigan (1917-1970), edited by Rick Prelinger for
presentation at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD) on
February 10, 2010.
This page was created on 17 Oct 2004 and was last revised on 27 February 2016